All visitors to enter the Republic of Korea must have a valid passport and visa. Visitors with roundtrip tickets from countries who have a special agreement with Korea may be exempt from the visa requirement, and can stay in Korea visa-free for up to 30 days, or 90 days, depending on the type of agreement between two countries. Please contact the Korean embassy or a consulate in your country as early as possible.
Application for Visas
- Visitors who plan to stay in Korea for longer than 90 days must obtain a visa before entering Korea.
- Nationals of those countries or regions with which Korea has signed a visa waiver agreement can enter without a visa, on the condition that they do not engage in remunerative activities during their stay.
※ Check the list of “Countries under visa exemption agreement” – Click here
- Visa application should be made at Korean embassies or consulates abroad.
- Visa applicants are required to submit passport, application forms, a recent passport-size color photograph, and other relevant documents as determined by their status of stay.
- If you need more information to find which visa suits you, please visit Korea Visa Portal.